by Mike Masnick
Tue, Jul 3rd 2012 7:08pm
I heard from more than a few people that Senator Patrick Leahy would never be convinced of his distorted views on copyright for one key reason: he loves the way Hollywood puts him in movies -- with Batman being a particular infatuation. As you can see on Leahy's IMDB page (yes, he has one), he appeared in both the Batman TV series and The Dark Knight. Now, it's being reported that he's also making an appearance in the upcoming The Dark Knight Rises, where he gets to appear in a scene with Christian Bale. Of course, normally you might think that this kind of thing, something that Leahy is clearly excited about and proud of, would count as a "gift" and potentially run afoul of Senate ethics rules. It's not as if the studio is putting him in these films because of his acting chops...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Can Some Internet Memes Finally Get Congress To Pass New Legislation To Protect Your Privacy Online?
- Senators Leahy & Grassley Quiz DOJ & DHS About Secret Fake Phone Towers Intercepting Calls
- Despite Racking Up Three Consecutive Unanimous Votes, FOIA Reform Bill Killed Off By Rep. John Boehner
- DC Comics Going After A Spanish Soccer Club With A Bat In Its Logo For Some Reason
- USA Freedom Act Fails To Move Forward... For Incredibly Stupid Reasons