by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jun 29th 2012 10:40am
Today at 11am PT/2pm ET (and 8pm for Rick & Christian) we'll be hosting a live Q&A session with Rick Falkvinge, founder of the first Pirate Party and Christian Engstrom, the first Pirate Party member elected to the European Parliament. As mentioned this is part of the Techdirt Book Club series, and we are discussing their recently published book called The Case for Copyright Reform. The efforts of Christian and others are already having a big impact in the EU Parliament, with the EU Greens already adopting the Pirate Party's position on copyright. We'll be talking about the book, but I believe both Christian and Rick are open to talking about a wide variety of topics.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Should The Punishment For Falsely Accusing People Of A Crime Match The Punishment For The Crime Itself?
- Pirate Party Launches Site For Public To Put Questions To New EU Commissioners Responsible For Internet Policy
- Russian Pirates Offer To Host NASA's Website While US Government Is Shutdown
- EU's Chief Negotiator Has Learned Nothing From ACTA, Will Negotiate TAFTA In Secret
- Interesting Move: Peter Sunde, Of The Pirate Bay & Flattr To Run For EU Parliament