by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jun 6th 2012 7:15am
Oracle apparently has no sense of irony when it comes to patents. The day after a judge issued a complete smackdown in Oracle's "big" patent and copyright lawsuit against Google, Oracle has suddenly decided that it doesn't like patent bullies. Well, as long as the bully isn't Oracle. It filed its own case against Lodsys -- the quite infamous patent troll that has been threatening and suing tons of companies for daring to do in-app payments. Apparently, Lodsys has targeted Oracle customers and the company has had enough. It's actually good to see more tech companies fight back against Lodsys, but it does seem a bit odd on the timing for Oracle, given its over-emphasis on the importance of not violating patents in the earlier case.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Brazilian Court Freaks Out, Briefly Shuts Down All Of WhatsApp, For Failing To Reveal Info On Users
- HIV Dating App Company Threatens Press With HIV Infection For Reporting On Personal Info Leak
- Patent Troll Sues Everyone For Infringing On Encryption-Related Patent By Encrypting Their Websites
- SalesForce Says It Doesn't Support CISA After Signing Letter That Suggested It Did
- Yes, The Appeals Court Got Basically Everything Wrong In Deciding API's Are Covered By Copyright