by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jun 6th 2012 7:15am
Oracle apparently has no sense of irony when it comes to patents. The day after a judge issued a complete smackdown in Oracle's "big" patent and copyright lawsuit against Google, Oracle has suddenly decided that it doesn't like patent bullies. Well, as long as the bully isn't Oracle. It filed its own case against Lodsys -- the quite infamous patent troll that has been threatening and suing tons of companies for daring to do in-app payments. Apparently, Lodsys has targeted Oracle customers and the company has had enough. It's actually good to see more tech companies fight back against Lodsys, but it does seem a bit odd on the timing for Oracle, given its over-emphasis on the importance of not violating patents in the earlier case.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Hold On... We May Actually Be In For A THIRD Oracle/Google API Copyright Trial
- Amazon, Cable Industry Molest The Definition Of Copyright In Ongoing Scuff Up Over Cable Box Reform
- Just As We Warned: A Chinese Tech Giant Goes On The Patent Attack -- In East Texas
- Oracle v. Google Not Over Yet: Oracle Seeks Another New Trial While Google Seeks Sanctions On Oracle's Lawyers
- Fake Satoshi Nakamoto Trying To Patent All Sorts Of Bitcoin Related Ideas