by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 23rd 2012 3:45pm
While we know that at least Senator Ron Wyden understands why CISPA (and related cybersecurity bills) are bad, there are still 99 other Senators who don't seem quite so clear on the matter. And they're about to vote on such bills very, very soon. A bunch of groups have set up a site called Privacy is Awesome to help you contact your Senator today to let them know that you do think that privacy is awesome, and you won't accept them voting to take away your privacy via overly expansive cybersecurity bills like CISPA or the other bills the Senate is considering.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Trade Agreements Should Protect An Open Internet, Not Kill It
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Makes It Clear That He's Not At All Interested In Giving The Government Backdoors To iOS Encryption
- President Obama: I'm A Big Believer In Strong Encryption... But...
- Thank Snowden: Internet Industry Now Considers The Intelligence Community An Adversary, Not A Partner
- President Obama To Encourage Cybersecurity Information Sharing, Highlighting Why We Don't Need CISPA