by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 2nd 2012 7:31am
Following our post about the NY Times highlighting how the FBI seems to spend an awful lot of time foiling its own terrorist plots, some of our commenters pointed us to the news that the FBI has done it again (just in time to coincide with our story), arresting five individuals in a plot that appears to have been coordinated by the FBI itself. Even though some of the "anarchists" arrested expressed concerns about how resorting to violence would help, the FBI helped supply fake explosives and that appears to have convinced the group to move forward with its "plot." Prior to that, they seem to have had little actual ability to do much of anything, other than thumbing through The Anarchists' Cookbook and talking about what they'd like to do.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Judge Orders FBI To Turn Over Information On How Many People Around The World It Snagged With Its Playpen NIT
- NSA Says Federal Cyber Strategy Needs More NSA More Often, And On The Information Sharing Ground Floor
- FBI Director: We Need More Data On Police Shootings So Law Enforcement Can 'Change The Narrative'
- FBI, CBP Join Forces To Turn Airports Into Informant Recruiting Centers
- Appeals Court Affirms NSA Surveillance Can Be Used To Investigate Domestic Criminal Suspects