by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 2nd 2012 7:31am
Following our post about the NY Times highlighting how the FBI seems to spend an awful lot of time foiling its own terrorist plots, some of our commenters pointed us to the news that the FBI has done it again (just in time to coincide with our story), arresting five individuals in a plot that appears to have been coordinated by the FBI itself. Even though some of the "anarchists" arrested expressed concerns about how resorting to violence would help, the FBI helped supply fake explosives and that appears to have convinced the group to move forward with its "plot." Prior to that, they seem to have had little actual ability to do much of anything, other than thumbing through The Anarchists' Cookbook and talking about what they'd like to do.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The FBI's Megaupload Domains Are Now Hosting Porn Ads
- FBI Apparently Made Darkweb Child Porn Site Faster During Its Hosting Of Seized Server
- What It Looks Like When The Terrorists Win: The JFK Stampede Over Fans Cheering For Usain Bolt
- Twitter Suspends Hundreds Of Thousands Of Terrorist Accounts, Gives Everyone Its 'Quality Filter'
- Did The FBI Get Confused And Arrest One Of Its Own Informants For Helping Create One Of Its Own Plots?