by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 2nd 2012 7:31am
Following our post about the NY Times highlighting how the FBI seems to spend an awful lot of time foiling its own terrorist plots, some of our commenters pointed us to the news that the FBI has done it again (just in time to coincide with our story), arresting five individuals in a plot that appears to have been coordinated by the FBI itself. Even though some of the "anarchists" arrested expressed concerns about how resorting to violence would help, the FBI helped supply fake explosives and that appears to have convinced the group to move forward with its "plot." Prior to that, they seem to have had little actual ability to do much of anything, other than thumbing through The Anarchists' Cookbook and talking about what they'd like to do.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Charlie Hebdo Bows To Assassins' Veto, Hecklers' Veto; Will No Longer Mock Mohammed
- How The FBI's Dysfunctional Search Systems Keep Information Out Of FOIA Requesters' Hands
- FBI Withholds 69 Pages of TrueCrypt-Related Documents, Most Of Which Can Already Be Found Online
- Just As FBI Looks To Undermine Encryption, Federal Government Searches For Better Encryption
- FBI & Homeland Security Now 0 For 41 In Predicting Imminent Terrorist Attacks On The US