by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 2nd 2012 7:31am
Following our post about the NY Times highlighting how the FBI seems to spend an awful lot of time foiling its own terrorist plots, some of our commenters pointed us to the news that the FBI has done it again (just in time to coincide with our story), arresting five individuals in a plot that appears to have been coordinated by the FBI itself. Even though some of the "anarchists" arrested expressed concerns about how resorting to violence would help, the FBI helped supply fake explosives and that appears to have convinced the group to move forward with its "plot." Prior to that, they seem to have had little actual ability to do much of anything, other than thumbing through The Anarchists' Cookbook and talking about what they'd like to do.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Another Judge Declares FBI's Playpen Warrant Invalid, Suppresses All Evidence
- Hillary Clinton To Silicon Valley: To Silence Terrorists, Nerd Harder, Nerds!
- Inspector General Says FBI Probably Shouldn't Impersonate Journalists; FBI Says It Would Rather Impersonate Companies Anyway
- AP, USA Today, Vice Sue FBI Over Refusal To Release Information About Contractor Who Cracked iPhone For It
- FBI Director: Our Electronic Voting System Is Such A Complete Mess, It Would Be Difficult To Hack