by Mike Masnick
Wed, May 2nd 2012 7:31am
Following our post about the NY Times highlighting how the FBI seems to spend an awful lot of time foiling its own terrorist plots, some of our commenters pointed us to the news that the FBI has done it again (just in time to coincide with our story), arresting five individuals in a plot that appears to have been coordinated by the FBI itself. Even though some of the "anarchists" arrested expressed concerns about how resorting to violence would help, the FBI helped supply fake explosives and that appears to have convinced the group to move forward with its "plot." Prior to that, they seem to have had little actual ability to do much of anything, other than thumbing through The Anarchists' Cookbook and talking about what they'd like to do.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FBI Hands Over 5000 Pages Of Stingray Info To MuckRock, Redacts Nearly All Of It
- NSA's Stellar Wind Program Was Almost Completely Useless, Hidden From FISA Court By NSA And FBI
- Senior Police Officer Suggests Companies Allowing People To Use Strong Crypto Are 'Friendly To Terrorists'
- Judge Tells FBI To Stop Screwing Around And Search For Documents Requested By Man Seeking To Clear His Name
- Report: 'Nearly Every' FBI Forensics Expert Gave Flawed Testimony In 'Almost All Trials' Over A 20-Year Period