by Mike Masnick
Tue, Mar 27th 2012 6:20am
It appears that AOL isn't going down the Yahoo patent trolling path directly, but it is looking to sell off its patent portfolio -- meaning they may end up in the hands of trolls anyway. You can understand why AOL is doing this. It's been struggling to find its footing for quite some time now, and patents are selling for crazy amounts these days. So they get sold... and abused to sue others. It's the sad reality of the patent system these days. While it's nice to see that AOL isn't doing a full Yahoo, the selling of a patent portfolio to the highest bidder can be just as bad in the long run.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Contrary To What You've Heard, TPP Will Undermine US Law -- Including Supreme Court Decisions
- Obviously, No One Ever Would Have Thought Of Remote Controlled Sex Toys Without This Patent
- Chinese Smartphone Leader Xiaomi Adds Special New Feature In Order To Enter US Market -- A Patent Hoard
- Tumblr Complies With DMCA Takedown Requests From A Self-Proclaimed Future-Alien From Another Planet
- The Revolution Will Be Babysteps: NFL/Yahoo Ink Deal For Exclusive Web-Stream Of Bad Football Game