by Mike Masnick
Thu, Mar 15th 2012 3:55pm
Personally, I've found that Facebook's "recommendations" of people I might know is kind of a mixed bag. Sometimes it reminds me of people I probably should be connected to, but other times it's pretty random. If I don't know the person, I might take a look at who we know in common, but I generally won't friend such people. Still, there are times when the recommendations might turn up something... interesting. Such is the case, apparently, with the woman who discovered that her husband was married to someone else after Facebook recommended his other wife to her, and she noticed the wedding photos in her profile. For what it's worth, the guy had left his first wife years earlier, and married the second wife after he'd moved out... but at no point had either the wife or husband moved towards getting a divorce. After trying to find out what was up by calling his mother, the guy showed up at wife number one's house promising to make things right if she didn't tell anyone. That didn't happen, and he's now facing bigamy charges. And people say Facebook isn't useful...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Facebook, Google's Supposed Love Of Net Neutrality Notably Absent In India
- Journalists Worry About Facebook Hosting News; Is That Similar To Musicians Worried About Spotify Hosting Music?
- DailyDirt: Eat This, Don't Eat That...
- Even If Google Could Improve Its Recommendations, Is It The Government's Job To Tell It To Do So?
- Smokey Robinson Sues Ex-Wife To Prevent Her From Claiming 50% Of His Recaptured Motown Hits