by Mike Masnick
Mon, Feb 20th 2012 8:52am
We've talked multiple times about how the FBI seems to spend an awful lot of time stopping its own terrorist plots, and it appears to have done so yet again. iamtheky points us to the story of a "terrorist plot" to blow up the capitol averted... thanks to the fact that the whole thing was planned by the FBI, so it was pretty easy to stop the one dupe who thought it was real. Now, as some people always point out, these kinds of operations do seem to get people off the street who wouldn't mind causing harm to Americans, but it's unclear if any of them would ever actually have the means to do so in reality. What's telling is that these seem to be basically the only terrorist plots we hear about the FBI stopping these days -- which makes you wonder if they just have too much free time to manufacture plots to stop.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The FBI's Megaupload Domains Are Now Hosting Porn Ads
- Canadian Law Enforcement Want Government To Force People To Turn Over Their Passwords
- FBI Apparently Made Darkweb Child Porn Site Faster During Its Hosting Of Seized Server
- What It Looks Like When The Terrorists Win: The JFK Stampede Over Fans Cheering For Usain Bolt
- Twitter Suspends Hundreds Of Thousands Of Terrorist Accounts, Gives Everyone Its 'Quality Filter'