by Mike Masnick
Mon, Feb 20th 2012 8:52am
We've talked multiple times about how the FBI seems to spend an awful lot of time stopping its own terrorist plots, and it appears to have done so yet again. iamtheky points us to the story of a "terrorist plot" to blow up the capitol averted... thanks to the fact that the whole thing was planned by the FBI, so it was pretty easy to stop the one dupe who thought it was real. Now, as some people always point out, these kinds of operations do seem to get people off the street who wouldn't mind causing harm to Americans, but it's unclear if any of them would ever actually have the means to do so in reality. What's telling is that these seem to be basically the only terrorist plots we hear about the FBI stopping these days -- which makes you wonder if they just have too much free time to manufacture plots to stop.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DOJ Inspector General: ATF, FBI's Drones Worthless, Expensive And Completely Mismanaged
- Virginia Towns Using Federally-Funded License Plate Readers To Collect Local Taxes
- Many FBI Agents Find Racial Profiling Useless, But Those Up Top Feel It's Just A Failure To Get Everyone On Board
- Congressional Rep. John Carter Discovers Encryption; Worries It May One Day Be Used On Computers To Protect Your Data
- TSA Waves Convicted Murderer With Explosives Experience Through Its PreCheck Lane