by Mike Masnick
Wed, Feb 1st 2012 3:32am
I am actually writing this post sitting in a French airport, getting ready to board my flight back to the US... but I think I'll hang onto it and post once I'm back in town. That's because it's about some UK tourists who were taking a little vacation to the US... until Homeland Security refused them entrance, because one of them had joked on Twitter about digging up the grave of Marilyn Monroe and "destroying" America (by which he meant partying). Apparently, DHS has figured out how to monitor Twitter... but hasn't figured out what a sense of humor is. (And yes, I made it home and through customs without any trouble).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Computers Creating Content...
- Border Patrol Agents Tase Woman For Refusing To Cooperate With Their Bogus Search
- DHS Opening Office In Silicon Valley To More Efficiently Complain To Tech Companies About Encryption
- Homeland Security Will Finally Admit To Banned Flyers That They're On The No Fly List
- TSA Agents Outwitted By Cory Doctorow's Unlocked, 'TSA-Safe' Suitcase