by Mike Masnick
Wed, Feb 1st 2012 3:32am
I am actually writing this post sitting in a French airport, getting ready to board my flight back to the US... but I think I'll hang onto it and post once I'm back in town. That's because it's about some UK tourists who were taking a little vacation to the US... until Homeland Security refused them entrance, because one of them had joked on Twitter about digging up the grave of Marilyn Monroe and "destroying" America (by which he meant partying). Apparently, DHS has figured out how to monitor Twitter... but hasn't figured out what a sense of humor is. (And yes, I made it home and through customs without any trouble).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Border Patrol Looking To Become One Of The First Federal Agencies To Utilize Body Cameras
- Homeland Security Detains Stockton Mayor, Forces Him To Hand Over His Passwords
- Judge Tells CBP That It Certainly CAN Be Sued For Its FOIA Response Foot Dragging
- Texas Attorney General Sues Self To Stop Self From Releasing Documents He Says Can't Be Released
- Border Patrol Agent Forwarded All Emails To Someone Else's Gmail; Only Discovered When 'Civilian' Responded