by Mike Masnick
Wed, Feb 1st 2012 3:32am
I am actually writing this post sitting in a French airport, getting ready to board my flight back to the US... but I think I'll hang onto it and post once I'm back in town. That's because it's about some UK tourists who were taking a little vacation to the US... until Homeland Security refused them entrance, because one of them had joked on Twitter about digging up the grave of Marilyn Monroe and "destroying" America (by which he meant partying). Apparently, DHS has figured out how to monitor Twitter... but hasn't figured out what a sense of humor is. (And yes, I made it home and through customs without any trouble).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Border Patrol Agent Forwarded All Emails To Someone Else's Gmail; Only Discovered When 'Civilian' Responded
- Want To Know Why DHS Is Opposing CISA? Because It's All A Surveillance Turf War
- Government Seizes Vehicles Worth $1 Million; Brings No Charges, Keeps The Cars
- Government Appoints Insider With Terrible FOIA Track Record To Head Up Gov't Info Services At National Archives
- Laura Poitras Sues US Government To Find Out Why She Was Detained Every Time She Flew