by Mike Masnick
Wed, Feb 1st 2012 3:32am
I am actually writing this post sitting in a French airport, getting ready to board my flight back to the US... but I think I'll hang onto it and post once I'm back in town. That's because it's about some UK tourists who were taking a little vacation to the US... until Homeland Security refused them entrance, because one of them had joked on Twitter about digging up the grave of Marilyn Monroe and "destroying" America (by which he meant partying). Apparently, DHS has figured out how to monitor Twitter... but hasn't figured out what a sense of humor is. (And yes, I made it home and through customs without any trouble).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Sen. Wyden Wants Answers From New DHS Head, Introducing Legislation To Create Warrant Requirement For Border Phone Searches
- Coalition Slams DHS Plans To Demand Social Media Passwords
- Upset About Border Patrol Cruelty? It Didn't Start Under Trump
- Donald Trump Demonstrating How Much Of Our Political System Is Based On Tradition & Custom, Not Rules
- Twitter Cuts Off Firehose Access To DHS Fusion Centers