by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 20th 2012 8:34am
The writing has been on the wall for a long, long time, but now it's finally official. Harry Reid has announced that he will not move forward with PIPA and Lamar Smith has announced the same thing about SOPA. Both are listed as "delayed" and there's always a chance that they will come back in some form (potentially even nastier), but hopefully those on Capitol Hill have learned a big lesson about trying to mess with the internet... and what happens when you cut backroom deals to help one industry at the expense of the public.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Here Comes The Waterfall: 15 MLB Teams To Lift Streaming Blackout For Fox Broadcasts
- FCC May Finally Act To Ease The Pain Of Stupid Cable TV Content Negotiation Blackouts
- After Internet Companies Protest, MPAA Declares Victory And Walks Away From Attempt To Backdoor SOPA
- Hollywood Keeps Breaking Box Office Records... While Still Insisting That The Internet Is Killing Movies
- News Corp's CEO Bizarre Obsession With Made Up Lies About Google