by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 20th 2012 8:34am
The writing has been on the wall for a long, long time, but now it's finally official. Harry Reid has announced that he will not move forward with PIPA and Lamar Smith has announced the same thing about SOPA. Both are listed as "delayed" and there's always a chance that they will come back in some form (potentially even nastier), but hopefully those on Capitol Hill have learned a big lesson about trying to mess with the internet... and what happens when you cut backroom deals to help one industry at the expense of the public.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Hillary Clinton's Intellectual Property Platform: Too Vague & Confusing
- MPAA Happily Gets Into Bed With Russian State Censor Agency... To Protect Copyright!
- Baltimore Transit Officials Won't Release Footage Of Freddie Gray Protests Because Everything Is Always About 'Terrorism'
- RIAA Demands Takedown Of ThePirateBay.org, But EasyDNS Refuses Over Lack Of Due Process
- Putin's Internet Trolls Mercilessly Smear Finnish Reporter Simply For Pointing Them Out