by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jan 20th 2012 8:34am
The writing has been on the wall for a long, long time, but now it's finally official. Harry Reid has announced that he will not move forward with PIPA and Lamar Smith has announced the same thing about SOPA. Both are listed as "delayed" and there's always a chance that they will come back in some form (potentially even nastier), but hopefully those on Capitol Hill have learned a big lesson about trying to mess with the internet... and what happens when you cut backroom deals to help one industry at the expense of the public.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Aussie Study: Infringers Spend More On Content Than Non-Infringers
- Cord Cutting Is About To Punch ESPN Squarely In The Face
- Florida Judge Sued After Banning Protestors From 'Questioning Integrity Of The Court'
- Chicago Rages Against The Future With 9% Tax On Netflix, Spotify And Other Streaming Services
- Bob Costas Rails Against The Internet After Criticism For Going Nuclear On MLB Pitcher