by Mike Masnick
Thu, Jan 12th 2012 7:58pm
Following on the news that Reddit will be blacking out its site for 12 hours on Wednesday, January 18th in protest of SOPA & PIPA, Cheezburger Network CEO Ben Huh has announced that all Cheezburger sites will be doing the same thing. I'm guessing that those who are unfamiliar with the massive size and reach of Cheezburger will scoff at this... but that would be a mistake. People love Cheezburger's collection of meme-related, meme-driving sites, and they reach a very very large population of folks who might not have already been aware of SOPA/PIPA.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Reddit's New 'Upvoted' Clickbait Website Will Ignore Everything That's Great About Reddit
- You Can Now Turn Off Ads On Techdirt
- As Part Of Its War On Encryption, Russia Briefly Blocks All Of Wikipedia Over One Weed Reference
- After Internet Companies Protest, MPAA Declares Victory And Walks Away From Attempt To Backdoor SOPA
- Aussie Study: Infringers Spend More On Content Than Non-Infringers