by Mike Masnick
Mon, Dec 12th 2011 3:22am
Well, well. Apparently dealing with the fallout from the News of the World reporters hacking into phones in the UK isn't keeping Rupert Murdoch busy enough. He showed up in DC last week to make a personal plea to Congress to support SOPA and PIPA and censor the internet. It's been clear for quite some time that Rupert Murdoch doesn't get the internet. His history is littered with massive and expensive internet failures. So it's no surprise that he's lobbying hard for a law like SOPA and PIPA, which will restrict up and coming online competitors and help clear out some of the field so that maybe he and his son James can finally get their wish to turn the internet into something that looks a lot more like TV: with the big media conglomerates delivering the content, and everyone else just consuming (and paying for) it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- For The Gander: Bahnhof Sends Copyright Troll Spridningskollen A Trademark Violation Settlement Letter
- Macedonia Copyright Collection Group Forces All Macedonian Music Off Of All Macedonian Broadcasts
- Law Professor Mark Lemley: Hollywood Is Simply Wrong About FCC's Set Top Box Plan
- News Corp. Claims Google News Is An Antitrust Violation In Europe
- TV Industry Starts Running Fewer Ads To Combat Netflix, Cord Cutting