by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 23rd 2011 7:39pm
As we head off to take a short break for Thanksgiving, I thought we'd pass along a Thanksgiving greeting card that was sent to me this morning. Unfortunately, the reports making the rounds today suggest that some are looking to pass a lot more than just the cranberry sauce, and may even be trying to make a big push to do so next week. One hopes that a continued public outcry against passing the first internet censorship plan in America will make them think twice before going down that path.
Enjoy your holidays (if you're here in the US). For the rest of the world... um... enjoy a few days without Techdirt.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Yes, There Are Other Laws That Protect Privacy, But FCC's Rules Were Still Helpful
- AT&T, Comcast & Verizon Pretend They Didn't Just Pay Congress To Sell You Out On Privacy
- Newly Leaked Documents Expose Stunning Waste And Incompetence At The Copyright Office
- No, You Can't Buy Congress's Internet Data, Or Anyone Else's
- 'Just Use A VPN' Isn't A Real Solution To The GOP's Decision To Kill Broadband Privacy Protections