by Mike Masnick
Wed, Nov 23rd 2011 7:39pm
As we head off to take a short break for Thanksgiving, I thought we'd pass along a Thanksgiving greeting card that was sent to me this morning. Unfortunately, the reports making the rounds today suggest that some are looking to pass a lot more than just the cranberry sauce, and may even be trying to make a big push to do so next week. One hopes that a continued public outcry against passing the first internet censorship plan in America will make them think twice before going down that path.
Enjoy your holidays (if you're here in the US). For the rest of the world... um... enjoy a few days without Techdirt.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Senators Whine About FCC's 25 Mbps Broadband Standard, Insist Nobody Needs That Much Bandwidth
- Portuguese 'Anti-Piracy' Site Blocking Used Against US Video Game Developer
- As Law To Backdoor Encryption Stalls, Congress Tries Backup Stupid Plan To Backdoor Encryption
- House Rushes To Gut FCC Authority To Prevent Inquiry Into Comcast Broadband Caps
- After Spending Time As Surveillance Subjects, Intelligence Oversight Committee Suddenly Performing Some Oversight