by Mike Masnick
Mon, Nov 21st 2011 8:10pm
No one I know puts "scale" into perspective better than Randall Munroe at xkcd. If you haven't seen the latest, you should take the time to dive into what may be his largest image ever (and he's known for creating large images) dealing with money. I warn you, though, it may suck up a lot of time as you go through it:
While he's offering a poster of it for sale (along with some of his other "giant" images), I'm not sure even a poster does something like this justice, which is why he's also offering it as a "custom-printed four-poster tile pack. It comes as four individual 36"x24" posters which can be tiled on the wall, for a six-foot-wide mural view of the chart, allowing you to clearly read even the finest details." I may have to put that on my holiday wishlist.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Report: DEA Blowing Money On Liars, Thieves, And Amtrak Employees
- Did The NY Times Give Up Its Journalism Standards The Second Facebook Threw A Few Million Its Way?
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 77: The Link Between Credit And Surveillance
- Not Funny: How The OFAC Is Outlawing Even The Lamest Attempts At Humor Over Terrorist Fears
- Harper Lee's Estate's First Order Of Business: Kill Off The Cheap Version Of To Kill A Mockingbird