by Mike Masnick
Fri, Nov 4th 2011 6:39pm
As pointed out by Harold Feld, it seems pretty messed up that our news media is going absolutely nuts over the story of the potential "Bieber baby," but has all but ignored the story of how the lack of clarity in the proposed SOPA law might mean Justin Bieber would go to jail for his performances of other people's works on YouTube -- something Bieber himself has spoken out against. Let's take a look. A basic Google News search on "bieber baby" turns up... 3,770 news stories:
And then let's do a search on "bieber sopa." For that... we get... a grand total of 15 news stories (including one from Techdirt):
Which story is actually more important? The one in which the government makes massive regulatory changes to the internet that will create felons out of ordinary people? Or the story about a baby that a pop star may or may not have fathered?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Local Fox Affiliate's Reaction To Brutal Police Beating Is A Dereliction Of Its Duty
- UK Sports Star Threatens American Newspaper For Posting Public Information About His New Home
- Facebook Has Lost The War It Declared On Fake News
- Rep. Goodlatte Promises 'Consensus' Copyright Reform Proposals Soon
- Canadian Court Says Vice Magazine Must Hand Over Its Communications With A Suspected Terrorist