by Mike Masnick
Thu, Oct 27th 2011 1:38am
This should come as absolutely no surprise (and, indeed, we predicted it), but following the guilty pleas of two of the admins for Ninjavideo, the two remaining Americans, who were indicted, have now accepted plea bargains as well. Compared to the first two, these two were small fry, and they must have realized that the government using the two others against them would leave them in serious trouble. Now all that's left is to see what kind of punishment the judge doles out. It would be interesting to see what kind of deal the government promised... and compare it to what the judge eventually does, but it seems like the legal fighting here is just about over. There was one more person indicted, but he's apparently in Greece, and the US government hasn't been able to find him yet.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Swedish Court: News Site Embedding A YouTube Video Guilty Of Copyright Infringement
- EU Advocate General Declares That Hotels Don't Need To Pay Copyright License To Have In-Room Television
- Hollywood Accounting Back In Court: How Has Spinal Tap Only Earned $81 In Merchandise Sales For Its Creators?
- Megaupload to DOJ: Misleading Semantics Aside, You Told Us You Were Investigating Infringing Files, So We Preserved Them
- NinjaVideo Admin Phara Gets 22 Months In Jail, 500 Hours Of Community Service & Has To Pay MPAA $210k