by Mike Masnick
Mon, Oct 24th 2011 3:28am
Not this again. We were just noting some recent attempts by Apple to pretend its trademark blocked anyone else from using an Apple in their own logo, no matter how obviously different and unrelated to the computer company. Take for example, these two disputes:
The latest, is that Apple has apparently sent a cease and desist to a small cafe in Germany, Apfelkind, whose logo looks absolutely nothing like Apple's:
At this point, you kind of wonder if Apple has some trademark lawyers who have way way way too much free time on their hands.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Even The Surveillance-Loving Wall Street Journal Is Bashing The FBI For Its War With Apple
- Blizzard Pretends IP Made It Kill Fan Server
- Priceline Throws A Fit And Sues USPTO For Not Granting Them Booking.com Trademark
- Washington Redskins Appeal To SCOTUS On Trademark And Seek To Tie Their Case To That Of The Slants
- DOJ Drops Other Big Case Over iPhone Encryption After Defendant Suddenly Remembers His Passcode