by Mike Masnick
Mon, Oct 17th 2011 12:10pm
That Anonymous Coward alerts us to the news that DC federal appeals court has issued a ruling (pdf) in the case of Gitmo detainee Adnan Farhan Abd Al Latif, but the entire ruling is classified, so the public has no idea what it says.
A ruling last year at the district court had ordered the administration to release Latif for lack of evidence that he had anything to do with Al Qaeda. And now... we have no idea what the government is ordered to do or not do. So what do we do in a time when the federal government gets to come up with secret interpretations of law and then can have court rulings on related issues entirely hidden from the public?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Iceland Forms A New Government... Without The Pirate Party
- Whether Or Not You Believe Russia Interfered In The Election, We Should All Be Worried About Escalation Based On Secret Info
- Unsealed Clinton Email Warrant Asks Court To Maintain Secrecy Of Investigation James Comey Publicly Announced To Congress
- Google Publishes Eight National Security Letters That Have Been Freed From Their Gag Orders
- Following Public Records Request, State Legislature Votes To Make Government Contracts Secret