by Mike Masnick
Mon, Oct 17th 2011 12:10pm
That Anonymous Coward alerts us to the news that DC federal appeals court has issued a ruling (pdf) in the case of Gitmo detainee Adnan Farhan Abd Al Latif, but the entire ruling is classified, so the public has no idea what it says.
A ruling last year at the district court had ordered the administration to release Latif for lack of evidence that he had anything to do with Al Qaeda. And now... we have no idea what the government is ordered to do or not do. So what do we do in a time when the federal government gets to come up with secret interpretations of law and then can have court rulings on related issues entirely hidden from the public?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- How Hillary Clinton Exposed Her Emails To Foreign Spies... In Order To Hide Them From The American Public
- Breaking: Clinton Gave Staffers Clintonemail.com Addresses Too
- There Is No Way That Hillary Clinton Didn't Know She Was Supposed To Use A Government Email Account
- Cars Are Delivering Tons Of Driving Data To Manufacturers With Minimal Security And Even Less Transparency
- Thank Snowden: Internet Industry Now Considers The Intelligence Community An Adversary, Not A Partner