by Mike Masnick
Mon, Oct 17th 2011 12:10pm
That Anonymous Coward alerts us to the news that DC federal appeals court has issued a ruling (pdf) in the case of Gitmo detainee Adnan Farhan Abd Al Latif, but the entire ruling is classified, so the public has no idea what it says.
A ruling last year at the district court had ordered the administration to release Latif for lack of evidence that he had anything to do with Al Qaeda. And now... we have no idea what the government is ordered to do or not do. So what do we do in a time when the federal government gets to come up with secret interpretations of law and then can have court rulings on related issues entirely hidden from the public?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- If You Really Think TPP Is About 'Trade' Then Your Analysis Is Already Wrong
- Homeland Security Will Finally Admit To Banned Flyers That They're On The No Fly List
- UK Government Refuses To Reveal Job Title Or Salary Of Top Law Enforcement Officer Because Terrorism
- Baltimore Cops Asked Creators Of 'The Wire' To Keep Cellphone Surveillance Vulnerabilities A Secret
- Baltimore PD Has Deployed Stingray Devices Over 4,300 Times, Instructed By FBI To Withhold Info From Courts