by Mike Masnick
Thu, Oct 13th 2011 10:14pm
The Winklevii really are working extra hard to make sure that their names are synonymous with "losers" aren't they? Having already lost in court again and again in their attempts to claim ownership of Facebook, the Winklevoss twins have now lost in their attempt to get out of having to pay their original lawyers $13 million. In case you haven't followed the story (and didn't see The Social Network), the Winklevii came to a settlement agreement with Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook, which has made them fantastically more wealthy than they already were. But they got greedy, and after the settlement was signed, tried to back out of it, claiming that they were misled in the negotiations. The courts have rejected that argument (links above), and so they also sued their lawyers, insisting that it was all their fault. It kind of makes you wonder if they have any idea how badly they're trampling on their own reputation with these lawsuits.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- David Cameron Promises To Do Away With 'Safe Spaces' On The Internet
- What's Behind The Attack On EU's Outdoor Photography? The Usual Copyright Maximalism And Anti-Americanism
- Sun-Owning Lady Sues eBay Because They Wouldn't Let Her Sell 'Plots' Of 'Land' On 'Her' Sun
- Cox Claims Rightscorp's 'Extortionate' Lawsuit Really A Backdoor Way To Get Subscribers' Info
- Once Again, Just Because Someone Used Backpage.com For Trafficking, Doesn't Mean Backpage Is Liable