by Mike Masnick
Thu, Oct 13th 2011 10:14pm
The Winklevii really are working extra hard to make sure that their names are synonymous with "losers" aren't they? Having already lost in court again and again in their attempts to claim ownership of Facebook, the Winklevoss twins have now lost in their attempt to get out of having to pay their original lawyers $13 million. In case you haven't followed the story (and didn't see The Social Network), the Winklevii came to a settlement agreement with Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook, which has made them fantastically more wealthy than they already were. But they got greedy, and after the settlement was signed, tried to back out of it, claiming that they were misled in the negotiations. The courts have rejected that argument (links above), and so they also sued their lawyers, insisting that it was all their fault. It kind of makes you wonder if they have any idea how badly they're trampling on their own reputation with these lawsuits.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- India Bans Zero Rating As The U.S. Pays The Price For Embracing It
- India Set To Ban Zero Rating As Facebook's Misleading Lobbying Falls Flat
- Cartoonist Who Claimed 'Kung Fu Panda' Ripped Off His Work Might Be Headed To Prison
- Law Professor Pens Ridiculous, Nearly Fact-Free, Misleading Attack On The Most Important Law On The Internet
- Musician Demands Google, Major Labels Pay Him $325 Million For Removing Videos He Paid $30 To Upload To Vevo