by Mike Masnick
Mon, Sep 26th 2011 10:07pm
It appears that xkcd has decided to do a modern update on the Shel Silverstein classic, The Giving Tree, in the age of DRM:
While this may just be a little comic joke, the larger point is worth highlighting. In the age of DRM, things that might have been considered normal "sharing" in the past are no longer allowed, despite being easier than ever in reality. That should trouble people.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Sriracha Boss On Trademark: Mmmmm, No Thanks
- Study Confirms That Revealing Secrets, Rather Than Hoarding Info, Is Good For Inventors
- Keurig Competitor Offers Free Hack Workaround For Keurig's Absurd Java Bean DRM
- Copyright Law Is Eating Away At Our Cultural History: And It's Time To Fix That
- You Don't Own What You Bought: Drone Maker Updates Firmware On All Drones To Stop Any Flights In DC