by Mike Masnick
Mon, Sep 26th 2011 10:07pm
It appears that xkcd has decided to do a modern update on the Shel Silverstein classic, The Giving Tree, in the age of DRM:
While this may just be a little comic joke, the larger point is worth highlighting. In the age of DRM, things that might have been considered normal "sharing" in the past are no longer allowed, despite being easier than ever in reality. That should trouble people.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Game Developer Updates Game To Remove Denuvo DRM As Fans Cheer
- Yes, There's Lots Of Fake News On Facebook, But Is It Really Changing Anyone's Mind?
- Bug Related To HDCP DRM Is Giving New Playstation PS4 Pro Owners Headaches
- Shadow Warrior 2 Developers: We'd Rather Spend Our Time Making A Great Game Than Worrying About Piracy
- Come On Elon! Tesla Stupidly Bans Owners From Using Self-Driving Teslas For Uber