by Mike Masnick
Mon, Sep 12th 2011 10:56am
LawPUNK alerts us to an odd sort of Streisand Effect situation in Norway. Apparently, clothing brand Lacoste has asked police to block Anders Brievik from wearing its clothes. Breivik, of course, is the guy in Norway who recently went on a cold-blooded murderous rampage, killing dozens at a summer camp. Apparently, Lacoste is one of his favorite clothing brands -- something that you or I would probably not know at all... until the company decided to let the world know by asking the police to stop him from wearing its clothing in court.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Vice Media Sends Cease And Desist To ViceVersa Over Trademark Infringement
- Appeals Court Says Trademark Bully/HIV Denialist Must Pay Defendant's Legal Fees
- Zappa Threatens Zappa Over Zappa Plays Zappa
- University Educates Student On How Everyone Will Abuse Trademark Law
- Blizzard Pretends IP Made It Kill Fan Server