by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 9th 2011 8:19am
The general awfulness of the patent system seems to be reaching deeper and deeper into the mainstream these days. As a whole bunch of you sent in, even Scott Adams is mocking the patent system via a recent Dilbert strip:
When the idea of insanely broad patents and crazy legal battles even makes it to the funny pages, you might think it's time for a fix. But, instead, it looks like Congress is going to pass the world's weakest patent reform bill that will do nothing to fix the broken system, and a few things to make it worse.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Government Accountability Office Study Confirms: Patent Office Encouraged Examiners To Approve Crappy Patents
- Good To See: Blockstream Promises Not To Abuse Patents
- Stupid Patent of the Month: Solocron Education Trolls With Password Patent
- Just As We Warned: A Chinese Tech Giant Goes On The Patent Attack -- In East Texas
- AstraZeneca Tries To Use 'Orphan Drug' Designation To Extend Patent Life Of Top-Selling Pill