by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 9th 2011 8:19am
The general awfulness of the patent system seems to be reaching deeper and deeper into the mainstream these days. As a whole bunch of you sent in, even Scott Adams is mocking the patent system via a recent Dilbert strip:
When the idea of insanely broad patents and crazy legal battles even makes it to the funny pages, you might think it's time for a fix. But, instead, it looks like Congress is going to pass the world's weakest patent reform bill that will do nothing to fix the broken system, and a few things to make it worse.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Does Patent Licensing by Patent Trolls - Or Anyone - Serve A Useful Purpose?
- Jury Sympathetic To Life360's CEO Sending 'Dear Piece Of Shit' Letter To Patent Troll; Says Patents Not Infringed
- Patent Not Sufficiently Broad Or Generic? Cloem Will Help You By Automatically Generating Dozens Of Nearly Identical Patents
- Stop The Presses: Disney Tells Court About The Importance Of The Public Domain
- Spain About To Bring In Software Patents -- Just As US Starts Moving Away From Them