by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 9th 2011 8:19am
The general awfulness of the patent system seems to be reaching deeper and deeper into the mainstream these days. As a whole bunch of you sent in, even Scott Adams is mocking the patent system via a recent Dilbert strip:
When the idea of insanely broad patents and crazy legal battles even makes it to the funny pages, you might think it's time for a fix. But, instead, it looks like Congress is going to pass the world's weakest patent reform bill that will do nothing to fix the broken system, and a few things to make it worse.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Disappointing To See Google's Waymo Sue Over Patents
- Patent Troll Sues Netflix, Soundcloud, Vimeo And More For Allowing Offline Viewing
- Who The Hell Is Actually In Charge Of The US Patent And Trademark Office?
- Trump Advisor Pens Almost Totally Clueless Piece About 'Intellectual Property Theft'
- California Man Brings Class Action Lawsuit Against Apple For Not Preventing Drivers From Doing Stupid Stuff