by Mike Masnick
Wed, Aug 3rd 2011 7:11pm
What, you thought that folks in China would just copy an Apple Store? Since that story got so much press, now reporters are uncovering other copycat stores, including a near replica of assemble-your-own furniture giant Ikea. While the knockoff doesn't directly use the name Ikea, it comes pretty close on a variety of details. The store is called 11 Furniture, and apparently, the Chinese name sounds very similar to Ikea's Chinese name. And, yes, it also has the same warehouse like setup and the little pencils to mark down what you want. It even has a cafeteria like Ikea, though the Reuters report doesn't note whether or not they stock Swedish meatballs as well...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- President Obama Complains To China About Demanding Backdoors To Encryption... As His Administration Demands The Same Thing
- In Wake Of NSA Leaks, China Drops Major US Tech Companies From Its Approved Supplier List
- China To Require Real-Name Registration For Online Services And Bans On Parody Accounts
- DailyDirt: Horse, The Other Other Red Meat
- DailyDirt: Living Out Of A Box (Literally)