by Mike Masnick
Wed, Aug 3rd 2011 7:11pm
What, you thought that folks in China would just copy an Apple Store? Since that story got so much press, now reporters are uncovering other copycat stores, including a near replica of assemble-your-own furniture giant Ikea. While the knockoff doesn't directly use the name Ikea, it comes pretty close on a variety of details. The store is called 11 Furniture, and apparently, the Chinese name sounds very similar to Ikea's Chinese name. And, yes, it also has the same warehouse like setup and the little pencils to mark down what you want. It even has a cafeteria like Ikea, though the Reuters report doesn't note whether or not they stock Swedish meatballs as well...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- The Great Database of China: Rating Moral Behavior, Blacklisting Citizens
- China's Top Mobile Company Complains About Counterfeits
- Wall Street Journal Suggests Snowden Gave China Its 'Great Cannon' Software... Based On Pure Random Speculation
- DailyDirt: Horse, The Other Other Red Meat
- DailyDirt: Living Out Of A Box (Literally)