by Mike Masnick
Wed, Aug 3rd 2011 2:53pm
JMG alerts us to a bizarre lawsuit in which a former high school student in Kentucky, who was caught by her principal via surveillance camera having sex with another student, has now sued the (former) principal for violating her "privacy rights," by showing the video to a small group of other teachers, during which he apparently cracked some jokes. Now, there's no doubt that what the principal did sounds creepy and of highly questionable taste and ethics (and from the sound of the article, his actions may have resulted in him no longer working at the school). But it appears that the two students chose to have sex in the school where surveillance cameras were taping them... so I'm at a bit of a loss as to where a privacy right comes in. As JMG notes, the principle's actions sound pretty disgusting, but it's not clear there's a legal issue here.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- That Didn't Take Long: MLB Plans Action Against Fallout 4 David Ortiz Mod
- The Orwellian Story About CafePress Takedowns By Orwell's Estate... Was Really CafePress Screwing Up
- Ben Carson's Lawyer Threatens CafePress Because Ben Carson Supporters Are Creating T-Shirts Supporting Carson
- Lindsay Lohan Moves Forward With Lawsuit Against GTAV
- Sending A Dick Pic As Your Response To A Lawsuit: Not An Effective Legal Strategy