by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 2nd 2011 10:04pm
The Pirate Party in the Czech Republic is trying to show that linking is not a crime by putting up sites that merely link to some infringing material. The party is doing this to support a high school student facing massive fines for linking to some works covered by copyright. I do wonder, however, if this will backfire. Law enforcement, industry folks and politicians who simply don't understand the technology will not realize the point of such a site, and merely assume that it's yet another "piracy" site. I would think a more effective means of doing this would be to merely iframe the results of a Google search...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Connecticut Town Takes Down Painting Including Image Of Mother Teresa Over Bogus Copyright Claim
- Mike Baird, Premier Of New South Wales, Has Video Of Him Reading Mean Tweets Taken Down Because REM
- Should The Punishment For Falsely Accusing People Of A Crime Match The Punishment For The Crime Itself?
- Rogers Exec Pouts About VPNs, Publicly Dreams Of Canadian Ban
- US Court Rules That Kim Dotcom Is A 'Fugitive' And Thus DOJ Can Take His Money