by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 2nd 2011 10:04pm
The Pirate Party in the Czech Republic is trying to show that linking is not a crime by putting up sites that merely link to some infringing material. The party is doing this to support a high school student facing massive fines for linking to some works covered by copyright. I do wonder, however, if this will backfire. Law enforcement, industry folks and politicians who simply don't understand the technology will not realize the point of such a site, and merely assume that it's yet another "piracy" site. I would think a more effective means of doing this would be to merely iframe the results of a Google search...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- David Bowie's Legacy On Copyright And The Future Of Music
- It's 2016 And The EU Is Just Now Getting Ready To Decide If Hyperlinking Is Legal
- NBC, Filthy Pirates, Sued Over Use Of Photographer's Work Without Permission
- Ridiculous Copyright Fight Still Keeping The Only Video Of The First Super Bowl Locked Up
- Take-Two Software Sued Over Copyright On NBA Players' Tattoos