by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 2nd 2011 10:04pm
The Pirate Party in the Czech Republic is trying to show that linking is not a crime by putting up sites that merely link to some infringing material. The party is doing this to support a high school student facing massive fines for linking to some works covered by copyright. I do wonder, however, if this will backfire. Law enforcement, industry folks and politicians who simply don't understand the technology will not realize the point of such a site, and merely assume that it's yet another "piracy" site. I would think a more effective means of doing this would be to merely iframe the results of a Google search...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Pokemon Wants To Totally Bankrupt One Of Its Biggest Fans, Thanks To Copyright
- Malibu Media Copyright Troll Wakes The Beast In Trying To Push Verizon Around
- Argentina Plans To Increase Copyright In Photos From 20 Years To Life Plus 70 Years, Devastating Wikipedia
- Jim Jefferies 'Official' Clip Of His 'Gun Control' Routine Taken Down Thanks To Copyright
- John Oliver Would Like You To Replace Your Bogus Facebook Copyright Privacy Statement With His Own