by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 2nd 2011 10:04pm
The Pirate Party in the Czech Republic is trying to show that linking is not a crime by putting up sites that merely link to some infringing material. The party is doing this to support a high school student facing massive fines for linking to some works covered by copyright. I do wonder, however, if this will backfire. Law enforcement, industry folks and politicians who simply don't understand the technology will not realize the point of such a site, and merely assume that it's yet another "piracy" site. I would think a more effective means of doing this would be to merely iframe the results of a Google search...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Skittles Photographer Actually Sues Trump Campaign Over Infringement
- Samsung Issues Takedown On Video Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Mod Turning Galaxy Note 7 Into A Weapon
- Who's On (The) Second (Circuit)... And Why Are They Screwing Up Copyright Law?
- US Chamber Of Commerce Complains About People 'Pirating' The Presidential Debate
- EFF Exposing The Back-Room Deals That Allow Corporations And Governments To Control The Web