by Mike Masnick
Tue, Aug 2nd 2011 10:04pm
The Pirate Party in the Czech Republic is trying to show that linking is not a crime by putting up sites that merely link to some infringing material. The party is doing this to support a high school student facing massive fines for linking to some works covered by copyright. I do wonder, however, if this will backfire. Law enforcement, industry folks and politicians who simply don't understand the technology will not realize the point of such a site, and merely assume that it's yet another "piracy" site. I would think a more effective means of doing this would be to merely iframe the results of a Google search...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Immigration Board Says You Can Be Deported For Copyright Infringement
- The EU's Proposed Copyright Directive Is Likely To Be A Wonderful Gift -- For US Internet Giants
- Movie Theater Security Guards Assault Women, Claim They Were Pirating Movie
- For The Gander: Bahnhof Sends Copyright Troll Spridningskollen A Trademark Violation Settlement Letter
- Macedonia Copyright Collection Group Forces All Macedonian Music Off Of All Macedonian Broadcasts