by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jul 22nd 2011 4:28pm
Those poor Winklevii. Many people thought that the Winklevoss twins, Tyler and Cameron, along with partner Divya Narendra, had finally run out of legal options against Facebook when they realized they had no chance to appeal their rather stunning string of absolute losses in court. Instead, they'd just have to take the approximately $200 million worth of cash and stock they got in the original settlement and deal with only being fantastically more wealthy than pretty much everyone for having failed to build a compelling company or product. However, it only took a day for the Winklevii to start the process again and sue Facebook yet again in district court, under a new legal theory. However, it's taken less than a month for the court to dismiss the lawsuit entirely. Not surprisingly, it sounds as though the Winklevii will take this loss in the same spirit as every other loss, by petulantly demanding another shot at it. Guys, seriously, give it up.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Will The FTC Investigate People & Companies Paid By Facebook To Use Facebook Live?
- For The Third Time, Whatsapp Blocked (And Then Unblocked) By Brazilian Judges For Failing To Decrypt
- Tim Berners-Lee: 'Just Say No' To Facebook's Plan To Bastardize The Internet
- Facebook's Zuckerberg Thinks Aggressively Violating Net Neutrality Is Fine...If You Just Mean Well
- Can We Kill This Ridiculous Shill-Spread Myth That CDNs Violate Net Neutrality? They Don't