by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jul 22nd 2011 2:33pm
You almost have to wonder if Lodsys is filing its patent infringement lawsuits solely to demonstrate how ridiculous the system is. Its latest lawsuit is against Rovio, the makers of the nearly ubiquitous destroyer-of-productivity game Angry Birds. One hopes that Rovio, with the many millions of dollars its raised recently, can afford one mighty eagle of a lawyer, and perhaps it can show Lodsys what happens to pigs with bogus patents.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Supreme Court Adds Yet Another Smackdown To Patent Court, Says It Misinterpreted Patent Law In Apple/Samsung Case
- Appeals Court Reminds Everyone: Patent Infringement Is Good For Competition
- China Files A Million Patents In A Year, As Government Plans To Increase Patentability Of Software
- Have You Been Threatened By Lodsys? Please Share Your Story
- Developer Claims Patent Troll Lodsys Demanded To Be Paid Via Swedish Bank To Avoid Taxes