by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jul 22nd 2011 2:33pm
You almost have to wonder if Lodsys is filing its patent infringement lawsuits solely to demonstrate how ridiculous the system is. Its latest lawsuit is against Rovio, the makers of the nearly ubiquitous destroyer-of-productivity game Angry Birds. One hopes that Rovio, with the many millions of dollars its raised recently, can afford one mighty eagle of a lawyer, and perhaps it can show Lodsys what happens to pigs with bogus patents.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Antitrust Suit Alleges Pharma Company Rubbished Its Own Product In Order To Stave Off Competition From Generics
- FTC Releases Big Report On Patent Trolls, Says The Patent System Needs To Change
- Prominent Pro-Patent Judge Issues Opinion Declaring All Software Patents Bad
- Have You Been Threatened By Lodsys? Please Share Your Story
- Developer Claims Patent Troll Lodsys Demanded To Be Paid Via Swedish Bank To Avoid Taxes