DailyDirt: Beating The System...
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
Who doesn't like a great deal? Every once in a while, a deal that sounds too good to be true, actually pans out. Using bureaucracies to your advantage can be profitable (or just enjoyably satisfying for the vengeful). Here are just a few schemes that folks have (almost) gotten away with.
- Adverse Possession is an uncommonly-used section of the legal code -- that's allowed a Texas man to claim ownership of a foreclosed house for just a $16 filing fee. This guy has called "Finder's Keepers!" and needs to squat for 3 years -- unless the HOA figures out a way to evict him. [url]
- The Massachusetts State Lottery has an interesting game called Cash WinFall -- which is exactly that for a few statisticians. Statisticians who can buy over $100,000 in lottery tickets, that is. [url]
- Some people collect pudding (we're looking at you, David Phillips). Others buy dollar coins. Either way, the loopholes that let these people rack up frequent flier mileage are closing. [url]
- Apparently, watching too many cop dramas can give you some interesting ideas for revenge. Justice is also a bit too blind, at times. [url]
- To find some more bizarre/crazy stuff, check out some things that other StumbleUpon users have found. [url]