DailyDirt: Not-So-Spontaneous Generation Of Life...
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
- The first man-made replicating species of a microbe has 100% synthetic DNA and cost about $40 million. Next stop on the dinosaur train: Jurassic Park! Keep your hands inside the car at all times... [url]
- Creating DNA from scratch could be getting cheaper and cheaper soon. But it's not quite cheap enough yet to just start building fully synthetic lifeforms at random... [url]
- Life may be getting harder to define -- it's not just replication and evolution. Or biologists need to include more things as living pretty soon... [url]
- Some chemists created one of the first synthetic self-replicating molecules in the 1990s. These types of molecules could be the basis of life that isn't based on DNA and RNA. [url]
- To discover more interesting biological curiosities, check out what's currently floating around the StumbleUpon universe. [url]