by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jun 29th 2011 4:30pm
Despite a recent UN report that condemns the idea of kicking people off the internet as a civil rights violation, a court in Finland has agreed with a request by the record labels to kick three accused files sharers off the internet with no notice at all. This isn't three strikes. It's basically one-strike. Record labels accuse... court tells ISP to kick them off. I'm so sure that'll make people start buying music again.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Spying On Sharing: Canada's Intelligence Agency Collecting Data And IP Addresses From Free File-Sharing Sites
- Sony Hack Reveals That MPAA's Big '$80 Million' Settlement With Hotfile Was A Lie
- Finland Abolishes Copyright Levies On Digital Devices
- Google Files Legal Challenge To Attorney General Jim Hood's Subpoenas
- Techdirt Podcast Episode 5: The Internet From Space!