by Mike Masnick
Wed, Jun 29th 2011 4:30pm
Despite a recent UN report that condemns the idea of kicking people off the internet as a civil rights violation, a court in Finland has agreed with a request by the record labels to kick three accused files sharers off the internet with no notice at all. This isn't three strikes. It's basically one-strike. Record labels accuse... court tells ISP to kick them off. I'm so sure that'll make people start buying music again.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Web Sheriff Accuses Us Of Breaking Basically Every Possible Law For Pointing Out That It's Abusing DMCA Takedowns
- Putin's Internet Trolls Mercilessly Smear Finnish Reporter Simply For Pointing Them Out
- Court Says MuckRock Must Take Down Smart Grid Company's Documents Because Judge Has 'No Time' To Review Case Properly
- Web Sheriff Abuses DMCA In Weak Attempt To Hide Info Under UK High Court Injunction, Fails Miserably
- Turkish President Erdogan Now Demands Injunction Against German Media Boss For Saying He Laughed At Anti-Erdogan Poem