by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jun 17th 2011 12:57pm
It's been fascinating to watch the back and forth discussions about Bitcoin. The big story recently was the supposed "theft" of $500,000 worth of Bitcoins. But, perhaps a lot more interesting is the report of new malware specifically targeting Bitcoins. The malware specifically looks for a Bitcoin wallet, which it then looks to email to a specific server. Among the many concerns people have raised about Bitcoins, this one hadn't received that much attention earlier, but could potentially scare a lot of people. The lack of traceability is one of the selling points, but it also has a downside in these types of situations.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- FBI's NIT Hit 8,000 Computers In 120 Countries... As Did The Child Porn It Was Redistributing
- San Francisco MTA Forced To Give Free Rides After Network Infected With Ransomware
- Senators Not Impressed By DOJ's Answers On Rule 41 Changes
- Unsealed Warrant Shows FBI Malware Affected Innocent Tor Users While Agency Ran More Than 20 Child Porn Sites
- Only Thing 'Exposed' By Bad Reporting About Russia/Trump Link Is Malware Researchers' Unethical Behavior