DailyDirt: Green(er) Money, Plastic Money, High-Tech Money...
from the urls-we-dig-up dept
- Printing US currency is getting greener -- using renewable energy and recycled textile fibers. Money doesn't grow on trees, but it does grow on cotton plants. [url]
- A billion dollars in unused $1 coins is sitting around in a vault, honoring past presidents..? Come on. At least let people throw them into a well and make a wish, folks. [url]
- The use of cash is in decline, as more and more people pay with plastic. The US Treasury didn't print any $10 bills last year?! [url]
- Canada has taken the "pay with plastic" phrase literally as it introduces plastic bills. Actually, other countries have had plastic bills for a while... [url]
- Dutch coins are being minted with QR codes on them. And the QR code reveals an online game? [url]
- To discover more stuff on economics, check out what's currently floating around the StumbleUpon universe. [url]