by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jun 3rd 2011 2:23pm
Following the story of FCC commissioner Meredith Atwell Baker joining Comcast as a lobbyist just a few months after approving that company's buyout of NBC Universal, the group Free Press is asking the remaining FCC commissioners to take a pledge that, if they vote to approve the AT&T/T-mobile merger, they won't then take a lobbying job with AT&T. Of course, if any of them took the pledge, it's not clear what's to stop them from then breaking the pledge...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- IP Lawyers Tell Copyright Office To Stop Screwing The Public By Opposing Cable Box Reform
- Lawsuit Claims Frontier Misused Millions In Federal Broadband Stimulus Funds
- Amazon, Cable Industry Molest The Definition Of Copyright In Ongoing Scuff Up Over Cable Box Reform
- Tennessee Study Shows State Remains A Broadband Backwater Thanks To AT&T Lobbyists, Clueless Politicians, And Protectionist State Law
- Just As We Warned: A Chinese Tech Giant Goes On The Patent Attack -- In East Texas