by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jun 3rd 2011 2:23pm
Following the story of FCC commissioner Meredith Atwell Baker joining Comcast as a lobbyist just a few months after approving that company's buyout of NBC Universal, the group Free Press is asking the remaining FCC commissioners to take a pledge that, if they vote to approve the AT&T/T-mobile merger, they won't then take a lobbying job with AT&T. Of course, if any of them took the pledge, it's not clear what's to stop them from then breaking the pledge...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Congressmen Upton, Walden Latest To Insist Nobody Needs Faster Broadband
- Comcast Using Minority Astroturf Groups To Argue Cable Set Top Box Competition Hurts Diversity
- States Wake Up, Realize AT&T Lobbyists Have Been Writing Awful Protectionist State Broadband Laws
- ISPs Are Trampling Net Neutrality While The FCC Sits Boxed In By Lawsuits, Upcoming Election
- New Report To FCC Details How Binge On Violates Net Neutrality