by Mike Masnick
Fri, Jun 3rd 2011 2:23pm
Following the story of FCC commissioner Meredith Atwell Baker joining Comcast as a lobbyist just a few months after approving that company's buyout of NBC Universal, the group Free Press is asking the remaining FCC commissioners to take a pledge that, if they vote to approve the AT&T/T-mobile merger, they won't then take a lobbying job with AT&T. Of course, if any of them took the pledge, it's not clear what's to stop them from then breaking the pledge...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Breaking: House Judiciary Committee Tells FCC It's Going To Block Net Neutrality Rules
- AT&T's $30 'Don't Be Snooped On' Fee Is Even Worse Than Everybody Thought
- Senator Asks FCC To Explain Its Involvement In The Proliferation Of Stingray Devices
- The FCC's Historic Day: Voting Yes For Net Neutrality, Voting No On Protectionist State Telecom Law
- Sorry: AT&T & Verizon Can't Upgrade Or Repair Your Aging DSL Line Because Parts Are Too Hard To Find