by Mike Masnick
Tue, May 31st 2011 5:43am
There have been many, many reports over the years about just how much "gold farming" in online games comes from China, but a new report in the Guardian is getting plenty of attention for claiming that real world inmates are being used for gold farming in prisons, where the prisons or their bosses end up with the "spoils." A whole bunch of folks have been submitting the story, and it certainly could be happening, but it does seem pretty weakly sourced. It quotes one guy who was in prison half a decade ago and did the gold farming then. Is there any more contemporary evidence that this is happening?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Bruce Schneier: Sure, Russia & China Probably Have The Snowden Docs... But Not Because Of Snowden
- The Pulitzer Prize In Bullshit FUD Reporting Goes To... The Sunday Times For Its 'Snowden Expose'
- Second OPM Hack Revealed: Even Worse Than The First
- Meet RCEP: Yet Another Big Bad Trade Agreement No One Has Heard Of
- US Government's HR Department Has Been Hacked, Government Employee Data Leaked