by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 3:13pm
Apparently, the new slogan for Texas is "don't mess with Texas... unless you threaten to stop all flights out of Texas... because then we'll fold." Following the US Justice Department warning the state that if it passed the bill to make overly aggressive TSA gropings illegal, the TSA might have to stop all flights originating in Texas. And, rather than call the feds' bluff, Texas politicians have shelved the bill. Apparently, this means the same bill cannot be reintroduced this session. Some have pointed out that the bill probably didn't have enough support to make it through anyway, but it makes you wonder how much of that was due to threats from the feds.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- 'We Should Put A Metal Detector On The Other Side': The Laughable Waste Of TSA Body Scanners
- TSA At The Movies: Theater Chain Looks To Bring Security Theater To The Movie Theater
- Irish Airport Security Bravely Defends Plane From Toddler's Fart-Gun
- Feds Still Shrugging People Onto Terrorist Watchlists Based On Hunches
- Agency Watchdogs Ask Congress To Roll Back Decision Allowing Agencies To Withhold Documents From Oversight Entities