by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 3:13pm
Apparently, the new slogan for Texas is "don't mess with Texas... unless you threaten to stop all flights out of Texas... because then we'll fold." Following the US Justice Department warning the state that if it passed the bill to make overly aggressive TSA gropings illegal, the TSA might have to stop all flights originating in Texas. And, rather than call the feds' bluff, Texas politicians have shelved the bill. Apparently, this means the same bill cannot be reintroduced this session. Some have pointed out that the bill probably didn't have enough support to make it through anyway, but it makes you wonder how much of that was due to threats from the feds.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- If You Want To Believe This Country Is Falling Apart, Just Ask Those Who Are Supposed To Be Keeping It Together
- Stupid Patent Of The Month: Changing The Channel
- FBI, CBP Join Forces To Turn Airports Into Informant Recruiting Centers
- Judge Tears Apart Law Enforcement's Ridiculous Assertions About 'Suspicious' Behavior
- Ridiculously Stupid: 4 State Attorneys General File Totally Bogus Lawsuit Against Internet Transition