by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 4:10pm
Disney's attempt to trademark "Seal Team 6," two days after SEAL Team 6 got bin Laden, made the national news as an example of trademark law gone insane. It took a of couple weeks, but Disney came to its senses, realized that it was only going to dig itself in a deeper and deeper hole pursuing this, and has now withdrawn the application. Maybe next time, Disney lawyers will think twice before trying to trademark something so well known.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Urban Outfitters With A Surprising First Win In Navajo Trademark Dispute: Navajo Isn't Famous
- City Of Mesa Abusing Trademark Law To Punish City Council Candidate They Don't Like
- As Netflix Locks Down Exclusive Disney Rights, The New Walled Gardens Emerge
- Appeals Court Muddies Trademark Nominative Fair Use Doctrine
- Lucasfilm Threatens And Threatens Non-Profit Over Lightsaber Battle Event