by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 4:10pm
Disney's attempt to trademark "Seal Team 6," two days after SEAL Team 6 got bin Laden, made the national news as an example of trademark law gone insane. It took a of couple weeks, but Disney came to its senses, realized that it was only going to dig itself in a deeper and deeper hole pursuing this, and has now withdrawn the application. Maybe next time, Disney lawyers will think twice before trying to trademark something so well known.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- 'Thru Dropbox' Trademark Registrant's 'Bad Faith' Litigation Results In $2 Million Fee Award To Dropbox
- China Busily Approving 'Trump' Trademarks With Stunning Speed
- UK Intellectual Property Office Refuses Beer Brewery's Request To Block Trademark Application For Whisky
- ESPN On-Air Talent About To Care About The Cord-Cutters The Execs Aren't Concerned About
- UK Company Sues Disney Over Its Use Of The Same Public Domain Book Title