by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 4:10pm
Disney's attempt to trademark "Seal Team 6," two days after SEAL Team 6 got bin Laden, made the national news as an example of trademark law gone insane. It took a of couple weeks, but Disney came to its senses, realized that it was only going to dig itself in a deeper and deeper hole pursuing this, and has now withdrawn the application. Maybe next time, Disney lawyers will think twice before trying to trademark something so well known.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Appeals Court Rightly Overturns NAACP's Successful Attempt To Censor Speech Via Trademark Law
- Water Company Goes Trademark Bully on Graffiti Activists Over Hashtag
- Retired Music Promoter Claims Trademark Infringement On Trademark He Admits To Abandoning
- Comic Artists Claim Copyright On Metallic Suits And The Three Point Landing
- ESPN Sues Verizon For Trying To Give Consumers What They Want