by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 4:10pm
Disney's attempt to trademark "Seal Team 6," two days after SEAL Team 6 got bin Laden, made the national news as an example of trademark law gone insane. It took a of couple weeks, but Disney came to its senses, realized that it was only going to dig itself in a deeper and deeper hole pursuing this, and has now withdrawn the application. Maybe next time, Disney lawyers will think twice before trying to trademark something so well known.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Tiffany & Co., Defenders Of Intellectual Property, Sued For Copyright Infringement
- Another Free Speech Win In Libel Lawsuit Disguised As A Trademark Complaint
- Chinese Trademarks And The Emoluments Clause: Do They Intersect In The Trump Presidency?
- UK Company Sues Disney Over Its Use Of The Same Public Domain Book Title
- Jayme Gordon Guilty On All 4 Counts Of Wire Fraud In Scheme To Sue Dreamworks For Copyright Infringement