by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 4:10pm
Disney's attempt to trademark "Seal Team 6," two days after SEAL Team 6 got bin Laden, made the national news as an example of trademark law gone insane. It took a of couple weeks, but Disney came to its senses, realized that it was only going to dig itself in a deeper and deeper hole pursuing this, and has now withdrawn the application. Maybe next time, Disney lawyers will think twice before trying to trademark something so well known.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Blizzard Pretends IP Made It Kill Fan Server
- Priceline Throws A Fit And Sues USPTO For Not Granting Them Booking.com Trademark
- Washington Redskins Appeal To SCOTUS On Trademark And Seek To Tie Their Case To That Of The Slants
- Lucasfilm Threatens And Threatens Non-Profit Over Lightsaber Battle Event
- FCC 'Probing' Whether Cable Companies Have Sabotaged Internet Video