by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 4:10pm
Disney's attempt to trademark "Seal Team 6," two days after SEAL Team 6 got bin Laden, made the national news as an example of trademark law gone insane. It took a of couple weeks, but Disney came to its senses, realized that it was only going to dig itself in a deeper and deeper hole pursuing this, and has now withdrawn the application. Maybe next time, Disney lawyers will think twice before trying to trademark something so well known.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- And Now Here Comes Every Other Comic Convention With Trademark Apps For The Generic 'Comic Con'
- Doobie Brothers Vs. The Doobie Decimal System In Trademark Battle
- Portland City Officials Agree Not To Sue Over Portland Oregon Sign To Keep Court From Ruling On Trademark
- Supreme Court Quotes Spiderman's 'Great Power, Great Responsibility' Line In Rejecting Royalties On Expired Patent
- Disney Warned Fusion Not To Do News Coverage That Might Embarrass It Or Others In Hollywood