by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 4:10pm
Disney's attempt to trademark "Seal Team 6," two days after SEAL Team 6 got bin Laden, made the national news as an example of trademark law gone insane. It took a of couple weeks, but Disney came to its senses, realized that it was only going to dig itself in a deeper and deeper hole pursuing this, and has now withdrawn the application. Maybe next time, Disney lawyers will think twice before trying to trademark something so well known.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- For The Gander: Bahnhof Sends Copyright Troll Spridningskollen A Trademark Violation Settlement Letter
- Texas Rangers Oppose Bacardi's Logo For Green Tea Spirit Because Of The 'T'
- Boise State Somehow Got A Trademark On Non-Green Athletic Fields
- As Netflix Locks Down Exclusive Disney Rights, The New Walled Gardens Emerge
- Lucasfilm Threatens And Threatens Non-Profit Over Lightsaber Battle Event