by Mike Masnick
Thu, May 26th 2011 4:10pm
Disney's attempt to trademark "Seal Team 6," two days after SEAL Team 6 got bin Laden, made the national news as an example of trademark law gone insane. It took a of couple weeks, but Disney came to its senses, realized that it was only going to dig itself in a deeper and deeper hole pursuing this, and has now withdrawn the application. Maybe next time, Disney lawyers will think twice before trying to trademark something so well known.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Throwback Thursday: Eat'n Park Still Suing Over Smiley Face Cookies After All This Time
- Rockstar Ironically Goes On The Trademark Muscle To Silence BBC Documentary
- Disney Warned Fusion Not To Do News Coverage That Might Embarrass It Or Others In Hollywood
- Sherlock Holmes And The Case Of The Never Ending Copyright Dispute
- Comic Artists Claim Copyright On Metallic Suits And The Three Point Landing