by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 9:55am
In the grand tradition of the estate of Humphrey Bogart suing over a couch, the estate of Marlon Brando is suing Harley Davidson, claiming that Harley's new "Brando" boots misappropriate the actor's "likeness." I dunno, what do you think:
Of course, it's true that Harley Davidson has its own history of being massively overprotective when it comes to its own trademarks and such, but I'm not sure that justifies a silly and pointless lawsuit over these boots.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Bob Costas Rails Against The Internet After Criticism For Going Nuclear On MLB Pitcher
- With 'Pregnant Woman Mode,' Chinese Router Maker Begins Marketing To Paranoids
- DailyDirt: It's Not So Simple To Get To Mars...
- DailyDirt: Who Needs Dinosaurs Anyway?
- I Coulda Been A Credenza: Brando Estate Sues Over Couch Named Brando