by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Paris Court Says Search Engines Don't Need To Block Torrent Searches
- Turkey Blocks Wikileaks After It Dumps Nearly 300,000 Turkish Gov't Emails
- Australian Company Files Bogus Defamation/Trademark Infringement Lawsuit Over A Nine-Year-Old Blog Post
- China Forbids The Use Of English Words In Mobile Games
- Minneapolis PD Issues Questionable DMCA Notice To Bury Its Controversial Recruitment Video