by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Shameful: Perfectly Reasonable Academic Book On Gene Kelly Killed By Bogus Copyright Claims
- Geofeedia, In Damage Control Mode, Issues Bogus DMCA Over Brochure Posted By Reporter
- Skittles Photographer Actually Sues Trump Campaign Over Infringement
- Samsung Issues Takedown On Video Of Grand Theft Auto 5 Mod Turning Galaxy Note 7 Into A Weapon
- Peter Thiel's Lawyer Says He's Stopped 'Monitoring' Gawker, But Still Sending It Bogus Takedown Demands