by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Russia Draws On Chinese Expertise And Technology To Clamp Down On Internet Users Even More
- Facebook, China, Fake News And The Slippery Slope Of Censorship
- China Uses US Concern Over Fake News To Push For More Control Of The Internet
- Burlington Police Insist Someone Is Pretending To Abuse Copyright Law To Censor News Stories About Arrests
- Updated! Massachusetts Police Dept. Files DMCA Takedowns On News Stories Using Mugshots Taken By Police