by Mike Masnick
Fri, May 20th 2011 7:23am
We mentioned, recently, Senator Chuck Schumer's misinformed grandstanding against a mobile app that alerts people to where police checkpoints are located, as he put pressure on both Google and Apple to block the app, despite the app not breaking the law anywhere. A few other Senators joined Schumer in this grandstanding effort... and all it seems to have done is double the sale of the app. Apparently, having Senators think you're an abomination is good for sales.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Colorado Judge Ignores First Amendment, Allows Prior Restraint In Banning Aretha Franklin Film
- As Part Of Its War On Encryption, Russia Briefly Blocks All Of Wikipedia Over One Weed Reference
- Google Disappears Techdirt Article About Right To Be Forgotten Due To Right To Be Forgotten Request
- Carl Malamud Asks YouTube To Institute Three Strikes Policy For Those Who Abuse Takedowns
- Twitter's Excuse For Shutting Down Services That Highlight Deleted Politicians' Tweets Is Painfully Ridiculous